Decadent Chocolate Cream Pie
- Pie Dough: Combine flour and salt.
- Cut butter in using food processor until mealy-like consistency.
- Add just enough water to make a soft dough that forms together.
- Wrap and chill until firm, or overnight, before rolling out.
- Chocolate Cream Pie Filling: In a medium sized pot, combine the milk, sugar, vanilla, butter and salt. Bring to just a boil and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Sift the cornstarch into the egg yolks. Whisk until very smooth and no lumps remain.
- Gradually add the hot milk to the egg yolk mixture, while whisking constantly.
- Return to saucepan. Whisk at medium-high heat until very thick and pudding-like consistency. Remove from heat.
- Gently fold in melted chocolate.
- While the filling is still hot, pour into pre-baked pie shell. To prevent a skin from forming, immediately place a piece of food film or wax paper directly touching the surface of the filling. Cool overnight before decorating with Chantilly cream.
- Chantilly Cream: Using a cold bowl, whisk together until firm peak.
- Pipe onto cooled cream pie.
150 g pastry flour
2 g salt
100 g unsalted butter
60 to 80 g ice cold water
Chocolate Cream Pie Filling:
500 g homogenized milk
100 g sugar
100 g egg yolks
40 g cornstarch
30 g unsalted butter
60 g dark chocolate, melted
10 g real vanilla extract
2 g salt
300 g whipping cream
50 g icing sugar
5 g real vanilla extract