Holiday Cranberry Chutney
- In a sauce pot, sweat onions in a touch of olive oil.
- Add ginger, cook for 1 minute then add apples, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, star anise and juice.
- Bring to a simmer, cook for 5 minutes then add dried cranberries and cranberries.
- Cook until cranberries “pop” and when liquid has reduced to a syrup.
- Transfer into jars and allow to cool.
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced small
700 g cranberries
125 g red onion, diced small
250 ml orange juice
250 ml cider vinegar
400 g sugar
2 star anise pods
2 cinnamon sticks
4 Tbsp ginger, grated
125 g dried cranberries